3.37 Earths
50.1 Carbon, 54.6 food, 12.7 Housing, 13.3 Goods and Services
Total: 130.62
As I was filling out the quiz I realized exactly how ecologically efficient my household is. We seem to always be adding some kind of bio-friendly change to our lifestyle. My mother's fionce is a plummer and she is constantly talking him into adding some new water saving gadget around the house. We have the conservative light bulbs, a compost heap, and recycle more kinds of waste than I knew were recyclable. I myself drive a 35mpg Toyota Corolla, frequently carpool and conserve my trips to as few as possible (out of laziness if nothing else) but it still seems that I take up more than my share of resources. I don't have the funding to get a Prius or constantly buy organic foods and I certainly can't try and donate my way out of it if I hope to stay in school. While I realize I'm significantly below my nation's average, I don't think that's saying much. I wish the number were lower and I hope that the test doesn't account for some things and/or is flawed in some way but as things stand I don't think I will be initiating any rash changes to my lifestyle anytime soon. If I were put under some legal pressure or supplied with the funding I would certainly do my best but I currently don't have the energy. I'm sorry to admit that I'm inclined to live with some luxury in my life.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Man, i would kill for 35mpg. I drive a dakota, and get 13.5mpg. I love my truck but the gas sure does suck. I agree with you that money does play a role in how I can help lower my footprint. I dont make too much of it and got to pay for other things first.
ReplyDelete