Saturday, February 14, 2009
The Sierra
It was obvious from his presentation that Mr. Noy is very passionate about his surroundings. I was particularly interested near the end when he showed the photos of the giant trees and told us their stories. It was very sad to hear about how they fell and the ridiculously immature purposes our society had for doing it. I feel that it was a very sad time when the selfishness of one generation killed monuments for their own amusement. It goes without saying that the remaining trees should be protected but to me this seems like a problem that's already been solved. Not to say that these trees should be left unattended but I simply doubt a re-occurrence will happen anytime soon. The ancient giants will return in time, I believe we have other obligations that may be more pressing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment