Friday, May 1, 2009

EARTH DAY

Why is it important to have an earth day? How can being ecologically friendly one day make a difference out of the year?
Well the truth is it can't. Being ecologically friendly once a year and the trashing the planet for the rest of it is not a fair trade. I still find earth day to be important however, it not only supplies a universal gathering for ecologists to share ideas and strategies for making our world a better place, but it also gives us an opportunity to spread the knowledge that will help save the world the rest of the year. Maybe someone will go to a festival and take the time to learn about how recycling has gotten much easier over the past few years and how much it does to help the environment. Maybe some just doesn't know how much of their waste is recyclable. In this one day the rest of peoples year can be affected. It also gives us all a chance to see what it's like to have a day without TV, gas guzzling cars or individual bottled water and some people might learn that there are a lot of benefits to a change in lifestyle. Of coarse everyone can't be expected to suddenly adopt the ecological stand in a day, but every difference helps and overall, people and the planet are better of for it.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with what you said: "How can being ecologically friendly one day make a difference out of the year?
    Well the truth is it can't. Being ecologically friendly once a year and the trashing the planet for the rest of it is not a fair trade."
    Many people believe that having a sinlge earth day is enough for them to do their part. And for the rest of the year they continue in their regular lifestyles. Of course I am not ommited from this. I admit that I am not the best at doing my part.
    However, I agree with what you said about Earth Day being a day where ecologists can share ideas and strategies for making our world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that earth day is a good day because it can educate people on the things that they can do to help out the environment for the rest of the year. As for those who believe that conserving and doing things of that nature for one day is enough, well that's just dumb.

    ReplyDelete